- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, red pepper, celery, onion, tapioca, garlic and salt; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cajun-Style Pot Roast
Sort By :
Everyone in my family loves this recipe.
This is so good. I make it often.
We did not enjoy this recipe that much. There did not seem to be that much flavor in the meat and the sauce was too runny for our liking. The meat was very tender but the sauce had all the flavor.
Absolutely delicious pot roast. I like it with mashed potatoes instead of rice.