These nicely spiced fillets are sure to win you a boatload of compliments! "I got the original recipe from a chef in the culinary arts department of a college where I used to work," recalls reader Dolores Barnas from Basdell, New York.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spritz both
- sides of fish with butter-flavored spray. Dip one side of each
- fillet in spice mixture.
- Place spice side down in a large skillet coated with butter-flavored
- spray. Cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One fillet equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.