Cajun-Style Catfish Recipe
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spritz both sides of fish with butter-flavored spray. Dip one side of each fillet in spice mixture.
- 2. Place spice side down in a large skillet coated with butter-flavored spray. Cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
One fillet equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.