These nicely spiced fillets are sure to win you a boatload of compliments! "I got the original recipe from a chef in the culinary arts department of a college where I used to work," recalls reader Dolores Barnas from Basdell, New York.
Recommended: 34 Best Mardi Gras Recipes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spritz both sides of fish with butter-flavored spray. Dip one side of each fillet in spice mixture.
- Place spice side down in a large skillet coated with butter-flavored spray. Cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun-Style Catfish in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun-Style Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review