Cajun-Style Brunch Bake Recipe
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 427 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,254 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.