Cajun-Style Brunch Bake Recipe
It’s so handy to fix this hearty breakfast casserole the night before and refrigerate it until morning. “It was given to me by a co-worker and has turned out to be a family hit!” relates Kathie Deusser of Church Point, Louisiana. “I adapted it to our tastes, adding onion, potato and Cajun seasoning. We often invite family and friends to share it with us. Serve it with your favorite fruits, coffee and juice.”
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 427 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,254 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Cajun-Style Brunch Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC