Cajun-Style Brunch Bake
It’s so handy to fix this hearty breakfast casserole the night before and refrigerate it until morning. “It was given to me by a co-worker and has turned out to be a family hit!” relates Kathie Deusser of Church Point, Louisiana. “I adapted it to our tastes, adding onion, potato and Cajun seasoning. We often invite family and friends to share it with us. Serve it with your favorite fruits, coffee
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 427 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 265 mg cholesterol, 1,254 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.