- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted near the center to come out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Cajun-Style Brunch Bake
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe! I use a 9 x 13; add 2 more eggs and 2 more slices of bread. I also use refrigerated shredded hashbrowns. It comes out great! Family looks forward to it on Christmas morning!"
"I added crumbled cooked sausage and used half cream and half milk. It was DELISH!!"