- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh basil, oregano and parsley or 4 teaspoons each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, kielbasa, onion and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Add the peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, herbs, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cajun Stir-Fry
"Love this recipe! We make it quite often and change the protein to shrimp or just whatever we are feeling that night. As others users have mentioned, we serve ours with rice instead of spaghetti."
"Very good. I've made twice now--once with whole grain spaghetti and once with brown rice. We preferred the rice but thought it was yummy either way. Thanks for the recipe!"
"This was so good!!!! I'm always looking for healthy things to make with fresh ingredients and a lot of flavor. This surpassed my expectations! I didn't change a thing. Served over organic wheat spaghetti and it was amazing. Thank you for the great recipe!! :)"
"I admit that when I started preparing this recipe, I was afraid that my family wouldn't like it because of all the bell peppers. I also finely chopped them all up, making it seem as if there were more peppers then there really were. I was shocked when my 11 y/o ate his entire plate and even my 2 y/o twins ate theirs! My husband raved about it! It had great flavor, and I loved the fact that the kids were getting plenty of veggies! Next time, I will serve over rice. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"This is a very good dish.My family enjoyed it.I added extra cajun seasonings.Will make again.Think the next time I will serve it over brown rice instead."