Donna Thomason knows how to bring a little pizzazz to her El Pas, Texas table—she stirs up a batch of these zippy shrimp. Use as much or as little cayenne pepper as you like, depending on your family's tastes. "This is nice served alongside rice pilaf," she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the paprika, thyme, salt, nutmeg,
- garlic powder and cayenne in oil for 30 seconds, stirring
- constantly. Add shrimp; saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritio Facts: 1 serving equals 117 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.