Cajun Shrimp Recipe
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the paprika, thyme, salt, nutmeg, garlic powder and cayenne in oil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add shrimp; saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 117 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp
"tasty and so easy i was embarrassed by the compliments!"
"This was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly except I left out the nutmeg as I had none. It didn't make a lick of difference as this was just delicious and super fast to put together."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.