Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes
"This is a quick-and-easy version of a seafood-stuffed baked potato," explains Angelique Schultz from her home in Denham Springs, Louisiana. "Not only does this recipe reduce prep time, it cuts down on cleanup, too. I buy cooked crumbled bacon to speed it along even more."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine onion and oil. Cover and
- microwave on high for 1-3 minutes. Stir in green onions and celery;
- cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer. Add the potatoes, salt, Cajun
- seasoning and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender.
- Stir in shrimp and bacon. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes
- or until shrimp is pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 1,353 mg sodium,