"This is a quick-and-easy version of a seafood-stuffed baked potato," explains Angelique Schultz from her home in Denham Springs, Louisiana. "Not only does this recipe reduce prep time, it cuts down on cleanup, too. I buy cooked crumbled bacon to speed it along even more."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 1-3 minutes. Stir in green onions and celery; cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer. Add the potatoes, salt, Cajun seasoning and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 7-9 minutes or until potatoes are nearly tender. Stir in shrimp and bacon. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until shrimp is pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review