Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry
Squash and red onion add color to this tasty, one-dish meal with just the right amount of Cajun kick. —Ginny Kochis, Springfield, Virginia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the zucchini, yellow squash and
- onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and
- seasonings; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 297 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot