Squash and red onion add color to this tasty, one-dish meal with just the right amount of Cajun kick. —Ginny Kochis, Springfield, Virginia
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the zucchini, yellow squash and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and seasonings; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry in Healthy Cooking October/November 2010, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review