Cajun Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup amber beer or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked grits, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over grits. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without grits) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.