Cajun Shrimp Skillet
There’s plenty of sauce with these shrimp—I always have some bread on the side to soak it up. Make it your own by using your favorite amber beer or flavorful broth.—Mark Oppe, North Pole, Alaska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup amber beer or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked grits, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic;
- cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce and
- seasonings; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over
- grits. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without grits) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 160 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.