- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup amber beer or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked grits, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve over grits. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
"Doubled the recipe for company... wished I had TRIPLED it! They gobbled it down! VERY good, fast cooking. I used beef broth instead of the beer and offered the Cayenne at the table rather than adding it in, as I wasn't sure of my guests' taste for spicy. The dish without cayenne is equally good, has more of an Italian flair to it! I can't say which version I preferred! Served both Grits and Couscous. This dish is a WINNER!"
"Delicious and so easy and quick to put together. I used the shrimp to top a large salad and it was awsome. The spice amounts were balanced perfectly. I will definitely make this again and perhaps serve it with rice the next time."
"Delicious! I did find I needed longer cooking time for the uncooked shrimp but they were not tough and we loved the spice."
"This recipe is fantastic! It was easy to make once you had everything mise en place. DH & I enjoyed it and would make it again. We used Blue Moon Ale and I subbed Smart Balance margarine for the butter. We had it with a whole grain pilaf instead of grits."
"This recipe was delicious. I used a light beer(that's all I had)... and it worked fine to me. I make it with garlic-parm seasoned grits as suggested!!! Fantastic!!!"