Cajun Shrimp Skewers Recipe
Fresh herbs and Cajun seasoning enhance these delicious shrimp, accompanied by a spicy Cajun butter sauce. You can serve them as an entree or as appetizers. You’ll love them either way! —Dwayne Veretto, Roswell, New Mexico
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CAJUN BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place the shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the Cajun butter ingredients; heat until butter is melted. Keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting once with reserved marinade. Serve with Cajun butter. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC