- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CAJUN BUTTER:
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place the shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a small saucepan, combine the Cajun butter ingredients; heat until butter is melted. Keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting once with reserved marinade. Serve with Cajun butter. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Skewers
Sort By :
A very delicious meal!!! My shrimp were a little small so I put them in a grill basket instead of skewers. The spicy butter was so good I was wanting to dip everything on my plate in it!!
Field Editor since 2013
Delicious summer recipe! I served this with the Ribboned vegetables in the same issue and cheese bread.
Since my mother thought we didn't have cajun seasoning we used carribean jerk seasoning instead and it was great. We still use the jerk seasoning every time. I would also recommend marinating longer than the given time. They are a lot juicer then.
My go to tailgate food!
Very good! My 5 & 7 year old even like it. :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >