Cajun Shrimp Potato Salad Recipe
More Cajun Salads Recipes
- 5 medium red potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Additional salt to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan; add the water, seafood seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 2. Add the shrimp; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Drain. Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and devein shrimp; cut into pieces.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shrimp, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add to potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1447mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Potato Salad
"Needed to add more seafood seasoning in salad but over all easy and delishious."
"Succulent shrimp, savory spuds, spicy (homemade) seafood seasoning...what's not to like?Straightforward recipe, easy prep, great outcome.I arranged an extra pound of shrimp decoratively over the top - very nice."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.