Cajun Shrimp Potato Salad Recipe
More Cajun Salads Recipes
- 5 medium red potatoes
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Additional salt to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan; add the water, seafood seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 2. Add the shrimp; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and potatoes are tender. Drain. Peel and dice potatoes. Peel and devein shrimp; cut into pieces.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, shrimp, onions and pimientos. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Add to potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,447 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Potato Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.