Cajun Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cup: 384 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Linguine
"Very quick and easy to make."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.