Cajun Shrimp Linguine
“I came up with this lighter version of a restaurant favorite by adding more vegetables and less oil,” writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. “It has lots of zip and a bit of richness from the sprinkling of cheese.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Stir in the tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain
- linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 384 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.