Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced Johnsonville® Andouille Split Rope Sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until smooth. Add sausage; set aside.
- 3. Spread 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over each noodle. Carefully roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with pepper Jack cheese and paprika.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 pieces) equals 689 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 1,425 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.