Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked andouille sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute shrimp and onion in oil until shrimp turn pink. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until smooth. Add sausage; set aside.
- 3. Spread 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over each noodle. Carefully roll up; place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Sprinkle with pepper Jack cheese and paprika.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2 pieces: 689 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 1425mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups
"Love the taste. Instead of making roll ups I mixed everything together and make regular lasagna. What a hit with my family!"
"My husband made this with whole wheat lasagna noodles. We only used 1 pound of shrimp and had to sub Italian sausage (no Andouille here). Our Cajun seasoning from Louisiana is tasty but not hot. It made 8 rollups and we had extra cheese sauce. Excellent dinner and our guests loved it!!"
"Very good. I used velveeta cheese and omited the sausage. I used a few extra noodles and they rolled up fine."
"This was the worst recipe I have ever made. What a waste of a pound of shrimp."
"I will make it again although I think serving it over spaghetti noodles might be easier!"
"Excellent! My teen-age boys said I must definitely make this again! The flavor reminded us of our favorite dish at Buzzard Billie's, a cajun restaurant in our area that closed."
"This time I will serve it over pasta had a hard time with the lasagna noodles. The flavor is great and I cant wait to try it again"
"This recipe was amazing! I halved it and I didn't include the tomotoes because my boyfriend isn't a huge fan but after eating it he said it definitely would have been good with them. The recipe isn't too hot but has enough kick to give it it's cajun name."