Cajun Shrimp and Rice Recipe
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute later. Add peas and rice. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 269 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp and Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.