I have a friend with Celiac's disease and I serve this when she comes over for lunch. It lets her have something besides meat and potatoes. It's become a requested recipe. —Ruth Miller, Boyertown, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute later. Add peas and rice. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Shrimp and Rice in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review