- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute later. Add peas and rice. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp and Rice
Sort By :
I've made this quite a few times and usually double it. It has just the right amount of heat and is super quick to make.
Thank you! I put off making this because in this household shrimp is rarely served but now it just may become a regular thing. So good.
This is one of the best shrimp recipes that we have had. So easy and tasty. It is a keeper. We sure look forward to having it again.
Incredibly fast with a wonderful blend of creamy, sweet and spicy flavors as well as interesting color and texture. My husband, not a shrimp fan like me, praised this dish without prompting. Give it a try for a quick family meal that is healthy, too. As we begin to face health issues, we thank you for sharing this delightful little recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >