- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and Cajun seasoning in oil and butter until shrimp turn pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute later. Add peas and rice. Cook 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cajun Shrimp and Rice
Sort By :
I've made this quite a few times and usually double it. It has just the right amount of heat and is super quick to make.
Thank you! I put off making this because in this household shrimp is rarely served but now it just may become a regular thing. So good.
This is one of the best shrimp recipes that we have had. So easy and tasty. It is a keeper. We sure look forward to having it again.
Incredibly fast with a wonderful blend of creamy, sweet and spicy flavors as well as interesting color and texture. My husband, not a shrimp fan like me, praised this dish without prompting. Give it a try for a quick family meal that is healthy, too. As we begin to face health issues, we thank you for sharing this delightful little recipe!