Cajun Seasoning Mix Recipe
In Chimacum, Washington, Joy Rackham uses this fiery blend to add spark to baked sweet potato wedges. Or try the spicy mixture on pork, chicken or beef for a boost of zippy flavor.
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CAJUN POTATO WEDGES:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 1/4 cup.
- 2. To prepare Cajun Potato Wedges: Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine oil, hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix. Add potatoes; stir to coat evenly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 132 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC