Cajun Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CAJUN POTATO WEDGES:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 1/4 cup.
- 2. To prepare Cajun Potato Wedges: Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine oil, hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix. Add potatoes; stir to coat evenly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
2 tablespoon: 132 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Cajun Seasoning Mix
"I love this on chicken, and it is great on frozen french fries! I am always running out of this because I use it so often. I use the entire 2 tsp. of cayenne because I like the heat. I bought McCormick cajun seasoning to compare the two, and there is no contest. This recipe is better than the store-bought mix. WAY better!"