In Chimacum, Washington, Joy Rackham uses this fiery blend to add spark to baked sweet potato wedges. Or try the spicy mixture on pork, chicken or beef for a boost of zippy flavor.
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR CAJUN POTATO WEDGES:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes or baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 1/4 cup.
- To prepare Cajun Potato Wedges: Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a large bowl, combine oil, hot pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix. Add potatoes; stir to coat evenly. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes; turn. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p55
Reviews for Cajun Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review