Cajun Sausage Pasta Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 5 cups hot cooked penne pasta
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and wine. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Reduce heat. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, cumin, cayenne and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook sausage and peppers over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender; drain. Stir in the tomato mixture. Serve over pasta. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Sausage Pasta
Sort By :
This recipe was an interesting change from the sausage and peppers I am used to. There was a little kick to the dish which I loved. I changed just a few things due to ingredients I had available. I cut down the onion to half of one. I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Finally I had to use a little extra olive oil for the sausage and peppers mix because my peppers and sausage were sticking to my pan. Overall nice change on a dish that I have enjoyed many times.