- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the onions, green pepper and jalapenos. Stir in the sausage mixture and cheese; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 13-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Top with sausage mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Cajun Sausage Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p16
Reviews for Cajun Sausage Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review