Cajun Roasted Pork
"My husband likes his food spicy, so this pork roast is a favorite," says Christine Wall of Bartlett, Illinois. "It can be baked in the oven or on the grill. I like to serve it with roasted new potatoes seasoned with garlic and rosemary."
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 2 pounds boneless Pork Loin roast
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, crushed red pepper flakes, ground cumin and white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Rub pork roast with oil. Combine remaining ingredients and rub over
- roast. Cover and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 145°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked pork) equals 197 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot