Cajun Rice Dish Recipe
A variety of vegetables makes this delicious casserole a hit with everyone. I team up generous servings with garlic bread and a tossed salad.—Rose Kostynuik, Calgary, Alberta
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:6-8 servings
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1. In a roasting pan, combine broth and rice; mix well. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add to rice. Stir in the vegetables, salt and Cajun seasoning.
- 3. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 953 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC