- simmer, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove ham bone, when cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone
- and discard bone. Set meat aside. To the bean mixture, add the
- onions, green pepper, parsley, tomato sauce, garlic, Worcestershire
- sauce, pepper, cayenne, oregano, thyme and hot pepper sauce. Cook on
- low for 1 hour.
- Add sausage and reserved ham; cook 30 minutes longer or until heated
- through, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 349 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,364 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 21 g protein.