Cajun Potato Salad Recipe
I have been making this mouthwatering potato salad for about 10 years. My family likes spicy foods, and thanks to a son living in New Orleans, we have a constant supply of Cajun sausage for this recipe. Made with extra sausage, it's a filling one-dish meal.—Margaret Scott, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- 2. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add onions, parsley and 3 tablespoons vinegar; toss.
- 3. In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- 4. To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Pour over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 482 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC