- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add onions, parsley and 3 tablespoons vinegar; toss.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Pour over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Potato Salad
Sort By :
"This is a great potato salad for those that like it hot---in more ways than one! Unfortunately, I don't make it very often (or very "hot") anymore...age/time have given me the gift of acid reflux, so I have to tame it down. It still tastes good, but I miss the original flavor."
"Love this recipe! Have made numerous times and everyone asks for the recipe. I have made both with smoked kielbasa and spicy andouille (cut down on cayenne!) Yum!"
"My husband is not a fan of vinegar but he could not quit eating this recipe. He thought it was wonderful."