Cajun Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or smoked Polish sausage, sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool completely.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; transfer to a large bowl. Add onions, parsley and 3 tablespoons vinegar; toss.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil for 5-10 minutes or until it begins to brown. Remove with slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
- To drippings in skillet, add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining vinegar; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Pour over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cajun Potato Salad(2)
Sort By :
Love this recipe! Have made numerous times and everyone asks for the recipe. I have made both with smoked kielbasa and spicy andouille (cut down on cayenne!) Yum!
My husband is not a fan of vinegar but he could not quit eating this recipe. He thought it was wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Salads Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Red Potato Salad Recipes >
- Salads >