Cajun Pork Recipe
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 12 ounces uncooked fine egg noodles
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the pork, Cajun seasoning, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Stir broth and Worcestershire sauce into pork mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain noodles. Use a slotted spoon to serve pork mixture over noodles; drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 748 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 58 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.