Cajun Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 36 French bread slices or mini buns
- Lettuce leaves
- Thin slivers of green and sweet red pepper
- 1. Place tenderloins in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Rub each with 1 teaspoon oil.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the paprika, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, salt if desired, cumin, nutmeg and cayenne; pat over tenderloins. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice. Spread bread or buns with butter or mayonnaise; top with lettuce, pork and green and red pepper. Yield: 3 dozen.
Diabetic Exchanges: One sandwich (prepared without salt and served on a mini bun with 1 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise) equals 1 starch, 1 lean meat; also, 124 calories, 194 mg sodium, 15 mg cholesterol, 16 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 3 gm fat.
Reviews for Cajun Pork Sandwiches
"I thoroughly enjoyed this pork. It was tender and flavorful, not to mention easy. It was perfect with mayo and lettuce on a bun."
"This is a great example of what cajun pork should taste like, and even better because it comes in sandwich form. I added a bit more garlic due to personal taste preferences and it was great. http://www.printablecouponsanddeals.com has tons of great coupons. You might wanna check there before buying the ingredients for this recipe."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.