Cajun Pork Roast
My husband and I just love New Orleans-style foods, so any time I come across a Cajun recipe. I just have to try it. This is one of our favorite ways to prepare pork.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place roast in a shallow baking pan; cut 8-10 small slits in roast.
- Combine remaining ingredients; press into slits and over top of
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 1-3/4
- hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand
- for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.