Cajun Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. Place roast in a shallow baking pan; cut 8-10 small slits in roast. Combine remaining ingredients; press into slits and over top of roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 152 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.