My husband and I just love New Orleans-style foods, so any time I come across a Cajun recipe. I just have to try it. This is one of our favorite ways to prepare pork.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place roast in a shallow baking pan; cut 8-10 small slits in roast. Combine remaining ingredients; press into slits and over top of roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Pork Roast in Country Pork 1996, p83
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cajun Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review