- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Place roast in a shallow baking pan; cut 8-10 small slits in roast. Combine remaining ingredients; press into slits and over top of roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Cover and bake 1-3/4 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cajun Pork Roast
Sort By :
spicy brown mustard. awsome
We liked it. Cajun flavors are a great spin on roast that is "new" for us!
I cooked Cajun Pork Roast for my husband (who loves Cajun food) and myself. The roast turned out great and tasted delicious. I made the roast with a roast that had the bone in it, I cooked it for a little longer than called for and it turned out great. I am definitely adding this roast to our monthly menus. I made a sauce to go with the roast by combining the pepper sauce and steak sauce.
Can it be put in the slow cooker?
Has anyone put wine over the roast?