"Authentic Cajun popcorn is actually deep-fried crawfish tails seasoned with peppery spices," explains Bogalusa, Louisiana field editor Ruby Williams. "But we like this lighter, simpler version made with real popcorn. It's our favorite TV snack."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. In a
- small saucepan, heat oil over medium for 1 minute; add seasonings.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 1 minute. Place the popcorn in a
- large bowl; add seasoning mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.