Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches
These seafood sammies are a tasty way to get heated up. Simply adjust the seasoning and hot sauce to put some pop in a yummy pita. I even use more hot sauce for dipping. —Kent Whitaker, Rossville, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3-1/2 cups frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Toss
- with shrimp. Prepare shrimp according to package directions for
- Combine the mayonnaise, pepper sauce, relish and mustard. Spread into
- warmed pitas. Fill pitas with shrimp, lettuce and tomato slices.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 668 calories, 40 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 1,139 mg sodium,