These seafood sammies are a tasty way to get heated up. Simply adjust the seasoning and hot sauce to put some pop in a yummy pita. I even use more hot sauce for dipping. —Kent Whitaker, Rossville, Georgia
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3-1/2 cups frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Toss with shrimp. Prepare shrimp according to package directions for baking.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pepper sauce, relish and mustard. Spread into warmed pitas. Fill pitas with shrimp, lettuce and tomato slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p88
Reviews for Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review