Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3-1/2 cups frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the butter, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning; add shrimp. Seal bag and toss to coat. Prepare shrimp according to package directions for baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pepper sauce, relish and mustard. Spread into warmed pitas. Fill each pita half with shrimp, lettuce and tomato slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
These were EXCELLENT and so quick to make! Great for anyone to make after coming home from a long day of work as it only took like 5 min prep time for the basic ingredients and then the cooking time for the shrimp. Very delicious!
My Texan husband said these were a "great Midwestern rendition" of his favorite Southern sandwich. (We like them a little spicier than the recipe calls for.)
These sandwiches were delicious. I used whole wheat pitas and only used 1/2 Tbsp of hot pepper sauce because we like things on the milder side. This is definitely a new family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >