Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3-1/2 cups frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves, warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin slices tomato
- In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Toss with shrimp. Prepare shrimp according to package directions for baking. Prepare shrimp according to package directions for baking.
- Combine the mayonnaise, pepper sauce, relish and mustard. Spread into warmed pitas. Fill pitas with shrimp, lettuce and tomato slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cajun Popcorn Shrimp Sandwiches(4)
Sort By :
These sandwiches are wonderful!!! My husband & daughter love them too. I like food with a little kick to it and this was perfect. It wasn't too hot. It was just right. This is a quick supper to put together on those busy nights. We will be having these again very soon!
These were EXCELLENT and so quick to make! Great for anyone to make after coming home from a long day of work as it only took like 5 min prep time for the basic ingredients and then the cooking time for the shrimp. Very delicious!
My Texan husband said these were a "great Midwestern rendition" of his favorite Southern sandwich. (We like them a little spicier than the recipe calls for.)
These sandwiches were delicious. I used whole wheat pitas and only used 1/2 Tbsp of hot pepper sauce because we like things on the milder side. This is definitely a new family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >