Cajun Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- 2. Discard bay leaf. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 226 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 463mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Pepper Steak
"Excellent recipe. Like in the first review, I tweaked it a little. I did not use bay leaves or basil . Also, If you are not a fan of really spicy foods I recommend using less cajun seasoning"
"I love this recipe and so has everyone I have ever made it for; although I tweaked it a little! I like spicy so instead of diced tomato I used a can of Rotel, I skipped the bay leaf, and basil, and used 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning. Yum...always a hit."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.