Cajun Pecan Catfish
This is one of our favorite recipes. It's quick, easy and delicious. Just serve with a side salad, biscuits and mixed fruit for dessert. We like it a lot for Christmas Eve. —Jan Wilkins, Blytheville, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice,
- Cajun seasoning and thyme. In another bowl, combine pecans, cheese,
- bread crumbs, parsley and 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture.
- Place catfish on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush with
- remaining oil mixture. Spread pecan mixture over fillets. Bake 10-15
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 377 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 277 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a