- 6 cups miniature fish-shaped crackers
- 6 cups pretzel sticks
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large roasting pan, combine first five ingredients. Combine butter, garlic powder, celery salt, cayenne and pepper sauce; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 5 quarts.
Reviews for Cajun Party Mix
"**my wife** Trying to rate this with a toddler on my lap!"
"This mix was simple to make and had a good flavor, but not nearly a strong enoungh flavor for my liking. I do like bold flavors though, so to some, including my wive, who doesn't like spicy things at all, it was just right."
"Really good! I did use roasted peanuts for the mixed nuts to keep the cost down. I did not have celery salt, so I used season salt. Thanks for the recipe."
"This recipe is one my family absolutely loves. The only thing we don't use is the cajun spice, as some of us have tender stomachs. It's delicious though, and definitely a keeper."
"Going to give this as Christmas gifts."