Cajun Party Mix Snack Recipe
"This is a crisp snack with punch," reports field editor Miriam Hershberger of Holmesville, Ohio. "Once you get started eating it, it's hard to stop."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Crispix
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and nuts. Pour into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Bake 40-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 8 cups.
1 serving (3/4 each) equals 247 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 557 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC