- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Crispix
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 250°. Place first five ingredients in a large bowl. Mix remaining ingredients; toss with cereal mixture. Spread into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan.
- Bake 40-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: about 2 quarts
Reviews for Cajun Party Mix Snack
"I made this for my husband, who is a Chex and cracker lover. I added less Chex and put a cup of cheez it's in it. I also didn't have celery salt so I added celery seed and some seasoned salt. My husband said it was good but was lacking flavor. If I made it again I'd add more hot sauce."
"This was a delightful snack mix. I multiplied the recipe and stored it in large ziploc bags. Whenever family visited some of the bags would mysteriously disappear. The only thing I would change would be to omit the nuts, which my husband kept picking out anyway."
"Such a welcome change-we enjoy these snacks year round-especially camping"
"It was a welcome difference from what is commonly made. Could be a bit spicy for some but we truly liked it."