Cajun Orange Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for sauce.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm.
- 3. Discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Brush with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 183 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Cajun Orange Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.