Cajun Macaroni Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in beef mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cajun Macaroni
Sort By :
Easy and has a good flavor to it.
I can't wait to try this one. It sounds so easy. Has anyone tried making it with Italian Sausage?
Have made this quite a few times. Everyone eats plenty (I double the recipe). This time I forgot to check my cajun seasoning and I didn't have any. I substituted Jamaican jerk seasoning and it was just as good.
Kids took half the macaroni and cheese shells before it was added. Picky eaters. But I loved the whole recipe. Great addition to just plain old macaroni and cheese.
This was delish and easy to make! Definitely would make this again. I used a mac and cheese that had a cheese sauce rather than the cheese powder. And next time I think I'll add more cajun. I also added black beans. Great comfort food dish!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >