Cajun Macaroni Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and Cajun seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions, using 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in beef mixture; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 337 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Cajun Macaroni
"I really like this, the only change I made is, I made it with hot Italian sausage. It's great"
"Easy and has a good flavor to it."
"I can't wait to try this one. It sounds so easy. Has anyone tried making it with Italian Sausage?"
"Have made this quite a few times. Everyone eats plenty (I double the recipe). This time I forgot to check my cajun seasoning and I didn't have any. I substituted Jamaican jerk seasoning and it was just as good."
"This was delish and easy to make! Definitely would make this again. I used a mac and cheese that had a cheese sauce rather than the cheese powder. And next time I think I'll add more cajun. I also added black beans. Great comfort food dish!"
"Wasn't awful, just not that good."
"I just dont know about this one."
"Wonderful recipe for a beginning cook. LOL!"
"I am so glad you featured this recipe. We tried it and it is excellent!!! Delighted to add it as a regular in our meal planning!!!"
"I used a full lb. of hamburger and no milk. Turned out geat. My 4 year old proclaimed it to be: beyond tasty"
"Awesome! We used a whole pound of ground beef, plus the milk & butter indicated on the package of macaroni & cheese. Great recipe.~ Theresa"
"I made this for a superbowl party. I used extra meat in it and added extra cajun seasoning. It was on the spicy side but everyone loved it. Can't wait for the next party to make it again!"
"My boyfriend absolutely loved this recipe - and it was super easy. I guess-timated with some of the amounts since I didn't want to bother measuring chopped veggies, but it turned out great! He's requested it for lunch this week, so we'll see how it does reheated."
"I doubled the mac n cheese and the Cajun seasoning and cut down the beef a little. It turned out well; probably the best addition to boxed mac n cheese we have made yet."
"this is good and easy but quite spicey I will cut cajun spice in 1/2 next time."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.