Cajun Herb Mix Recipe
Foods low in salt can to help lower your risk for high blood pressure-and even control it. The American Heart Association recommends keeping sodium at less than 2300 mg per day. This spicy salt-free rub is one example of easy ways to boost flavor but not sodium. Try it on chicken, pork-even popcorn!
- 5 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store mixture in an airtight container for up to six months. Rub over poultry or meat before cooking. Yield: about 2/3 cup.
Originally published as Cajun Herb Mix in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p16
Reviews for Cajun Herb Mix(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review