Cajun Gazpacho Recipe
- 6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 green onions, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp, lump crabmeat and/or crawfish
- 1. In a food processor, process the first eight ingredients in batches until finely chopped.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, vinegar, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, garlic, seasonings and chopped vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in oil. Garnish servings with shrimp, crabmeat and/or crawfish. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 114 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Cajun Gazpacho
"After visiting New Orleans, I fell in love wit gazpacho and tried to duplicate it in my kitchen - this is closest and best thing to the restaurant's signature dish. Excellent. It is addictive, and so good in the heat of summer."